EHS professionals at YGP have served all kinds and sizes of organizations, worldwide. We pioneered the development of many sustainability information management solutions and continue to lead the way with new innovations.
YGP has served the majority of global leaders in the chemicals industry, as well as midsized organizations, start-ups, and leading private equity companies. We have a global perspective on the chemicals industry’s challenges and opportunities—and how they differ in emerging and mature markets. We offer strategic advice on topics across the value chain, including corporate and business-unit strategy, organization, post-merger management, growth, innovation, performance management, and all aspects of operational improvement.
We combine our experience in functional topics with our expertise in the following materials.
- Basic inorganic chemicals such as olefins, aromatics, and chlor-alkali
- Polymers, including thermoplastics, elastomers, and synthetic fibers
- Specialty and formulated chemicals, including pharmaceutical and food ingredients, electronic chemicals, water-treatment chemicals, and adhesives and sealants
- Advanced materials such as composites and ceramics
- Agricultural inputs such as crop protection, fertilizers, and seeds; as well as products along the entire agriculture value-chain
EHS Needs of Chemicals Industry
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and markets for renewable chemicals, plastics, fuels and green technologies
- Navigate complex regulatory information, stay updated on compliance requirements, view organised and consolidated legislation
- Determine carbon footprints for over 300 chemical processes, including bio-processes.
- Comply with relevant environmental regulations, prevent and mitigate environmental impact, minimise brand degradation risk
- Monitor and manage air, water and/or waste output
- Comply with workplace health and safety regulations
- Comply with various materials and product regulations such as REACH, RoHS, WEEE, etc.
- Streamline planning and procedures for more effective incident and emergency management
- Track, manage and report GHG emissions
- Implement, document, measure and report on the organization’s sustainability/CSR program
- Accounting and tracking for emissions allowance programs
The global chemicals industry faces economic and environmental pressures, and a growing regulatory landscape. YGP has the critical information and insight to effectively plan, design, operate, comply and sustain:
- Strategic planning, from portfolio analysis to measuring the impact of economy fluctuations.
- Supply management for materials pricing, selection, inventory optimization, and compliance.
- Information and tools to support Engineering, Design and Construction.
- Environmental, health, safety and sustainability solutions.
Whether you are an international conglomerate or a local company, we have the market-sizing tools you need to identify new business opportunities, minimize risk, measure sector performance, and benchmark and forecast company sales.
- Understand long-term market trends for key chemicals, plastics and fiber intermediates from the world’s leading chemical industry experts.
- Understand global supply and market dynamics for over 3,500 industrial chemicals.
- Understand global supply and market dynamics of specialty chemicals, including coverage by application or functional area.
- Understand competitive positioning of major chemical producers including strategic direction, market orientation, production capacity and degree of integration.
- Formulate timely, successful plans for growth in the rapidly changing chemical industry.
- Understand the details of the rapidly growing chemical industry in China to identify opportunities and threats.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and markets for bio-based materials as feedstocks for renewable chemicals and plastics.
- Assess the impact of high-profile topics of key interest to the chemical industry.
- Research the sectors and regions to market and sell chemical products
- Compare, rank, and evaluate sector markets by country and region
- Evaluate U.S. industry sectors to forecast chemical product sales and plan budgets
- Understand the supply and market dynamics of chemical materials used in liquid crystal display (LCD) manufacturing